I’m a little late signing up but this seemed like a really fun way to get to know some new book bloggers. I’m really excited to meet all of you! Welcome back to my usual followers and welcome to anyone new who is reading this. I’m glad you all stopped by!
For those who do not know what Love-A-Thon is, it is an event—a lovefest—that is dedicated to spreading positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community.
1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME?
I’m Chelsea. I have no nicknames or anything so that’s what you can call me. 🙂
2. WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU BLOGGING FROM?
I’m from the Maritimes in Canada!
3. HOW DID YOU GET INTO BLOGGING IN THE FIRST PLACE?
I’m not sure I can remember. I think I originally started because I watched a lot of BookTubers and wanted to do the same sort of things. Only I’m not big on filming myself so I took to starting a blog instead. That was back in 2013 I believe.
4. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR BLOG NAME?
I honestly have no idea. I can’t remember at all how I thought of it.
5. WHAT GENRE DO YOU READ AND REVIEW THE MOST ON YOUR BLOG?
Mostly young adult and mostly fantasy. Fantasy will always be my favourite and I never get tired of reading and reviewing it.
6. WHAT OTHER TYPES OF POSTS DO YOU DO ON YOUR BLOG, APART FROM REVIEWS?
I love writing discussion posts because it’s fun to get people talking about something book related. I also do Top Ten Tuesdays, TAGs, and other random posts. I just started a new feature where I review a book as well as its movie which is pretty fun.
7. BEST BLOGGING EXPERIENCE SO FAR?
I don’t think I have a best so far. I do love all the great people I’ve met from all around the world. I think that’s probably the coolest part about blogging.
8. FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY?
Everyone of course!
9. NAME THE 5 BOOKS YOU’RE MOST EXCITED FOR THIS 2016!!
Oh gosh, how can I even pick?!
- Betrayals – Kelley Armstrong
- Fire Touched – Patricia Briggs
- The Winner’s Kiss – Marie Rutoski
- The Beauty of Darkness – Mary E. Pearson
- Walk the Edge – Katy McGarry
10. NAME THE 5 BOOKS YOU WANT TO READ THIS 2016 THAT YOU DIDN’T GET TO IN PREVIOUS YEARS!
Wow these questions are hard.
- Dead Heat – Patricia Briggs
- Shadow Study – Maria V. Snyder
- The Masked Truth – Kelley Armstrong
- Queen of Shadows – Sarah J. Maas
- Reawakened – Colleen Houck
11. WHAT’S AN UNDERRATED BOOK OR SERIES THAT YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ?
Honestly I think Holly Black is an underrated author but for books, I’d pick The Darkest Part of the Forest. I loved that book and I don’t see enough people talking about it.
12. WHICH BOOK BOY OR GIRL WOULD BE YOUR BOOK BFF?
So many difficult questions!! Hmm. I think I’d love being BFFs with Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. I feel like we’d get along really great because her sense of humour perfectly matches mine.
13. WHICH BOOK BOY OR GIRL WOULD BE YOUR BOOK BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND?
I have at least 50 of them but sticking with The Lunar Chronicles I’ll pick Prince Kai. I love him to death.
14. WHO WOULD YOU RECRUIT FOR YOUR APOCALYPSE SQUAD? (5 CHARACTERS MAX)
What a good question. Hmm.
- Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter
- Elena Danvers from Bitten
- Mercy Thompson from Moon Called
- Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles
- Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians
15. APART FROM READING, WHAT ARE YOUR OTHER HOBBIES OR INTERESTS?
Well I do a lot of freelance design so arts a big passion of mine. Besides that I also play guitar and piano, but I haven’t done much of that lately haha.
16. APART FROM BOOK SHOPPING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LIKE SHOPPING FOR?
All sorts of things! Apartment stuff, shoes, tea, clothes. You name it!
17. AT A PARTY, THE DJ SUDDENLY CHANGES THE SONG – AND IT’S YOUR SONG. WHAT SONG WOULD BE PLAYING?
Oh man. Umm anything by Ed Sheeran probably. I really, really love him. But I’m also really loving Birdy right now too and I can’t wait for her new album.
18. PICK OUT EITHER A BOOK YOU WANT TURNED INTO A FILM/TV SHOW, OR A FILM/TV SHOW YOU WANT TURNED INTO A BOOK.
I want the Eragon series to be given a second chance. The movie they did was horrible but the books are so great! I really wish they’d try it again.
19. WHAT WOULD YOUR DREAM LIBRARY LOOK LIKE?
Basically the library from Beauty and the Beast. I love that old fashioned library look with walls of book shelves. That’s the dream!
20. AUTHOR YOU WANT TO MEET AND SIT DOWN TO TEA WITH?
Kelley Armstrong. She’s easily my favourite and it would be so cool seeing the person behind who wrote all my favourite books!
Thanks for stopping by and link me your posts if you’re participating as well!