It’s another Tuesday! I’m not usually this excited about Tuesdays but I LOVE doing these list, even if their just for myself. They give me an idea of what I’m really looking for in my books. As always, this wonderful meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Things on My Reading Wishlist
Now these “things” could be anything. From characters to settings to specific things you want to see in a book. I’m going to try my best here.
- Books about Book nerds. I love reading books where the main character loves book as much as I do. It’s cool seeing what they’re reading and what they love.
- More assassin books. Especially female ones. Books like the Nadia Stafford series or Grave Mercy. I think it’s really cool reading about female assassins. They’re so badass.
- Fairy tale retellings. I read a lot of these already but I’d like to see more different ones. Some with a cool twist, kind of like how Cinder is. Or one from a different point of view.
- More books that aren’t teen but not an older adult. Someone in their 20’s. I like to read about someone the same age as I am. Right now you can either get a teen book where they’re under 18 or an adult book where they’re in their 30’s. I want one in between that I can relate to better.
- Different dystopia settings. Something like Divergent or the Moon Dwellers where the world is way different. A lot of dystopia books are generally the same. I want to see something new and different.
- Realistic romance. These love at first sight things are not how it works in the real world. I want a couple to get to know each other before they kiss and start dating. That’s how it should work. A romance like Ron and Hermione.
- Werewolves. I just love them. Not a fake Twilight werewolf, but a Women of the Otherworld werewolf. Something cool and tough that still follows some wolf laws. Not a supernatural creature that the author makes up but a human that just has some wolf-like qualities. I love seeing people take on wolf qualities as opposed to being a completely new creature.
- Greek mythology adult books. I’m a huge fan of Greek mythology. I don’t care how close the books are to the actual myths. I like it when an author does something different with the Gods.
- More J.K. Rowling books. Especially if it’s Harry Potter. I just can’t get over that the series is over. i won’t accept it. There has to be more.
- Dragons! There aren’t enough dragon books I think. Just in general more dragons is a must.
The end of another Top Ten Tuesday! This was a fun one! Post a link of your Top Ten Tuesday below. I love reading what other people think too. How many of you agree with mine?