Hey everyone! Today I’m excited to host Jess @ Princessica of Books for a fun little book quiz that I made up! She had to guess the books based off of a quote, three word descriptions, and a book cover slice. Let’s see how she did:
Guess the book based off of a quote:
1. “I’m right and you’re wrong, I’m big and you’re small, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
Jess says: Matilda! I remember this scene; I genuinely have so much love for this one–it’s one of the first books that got me into reading.
Correct! Good guess!
2. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”
Jess says: Okay, this definitely sounds like a John Green book… but it sounds SO familiar! I can’t put my tongue on it so I’ll say The Fault in Our Stars even though I’m pretty sure that’s wrong..?
That was a good guess but incorrect. The correct answer is Anna and the French Kiss!
3. “And because she jumped, our world began”
Jess says: The Love That Split The World!
4. “It didn’t really matter who someone was, princess, peasant, rebel, or just a boy or a girl.”
Jess says: Okay, this one is definitely a Falling Kingdoms book & I can easily place each character in each category but I don’t know which book the quote is from so I’ll just say the first book..?
I’m giving it to you. It was Rebel Spring!
5. “We all bear scars,… Mine just happen to be more visible than most.”
Jess says: Throne of Glass–I see this one on fan art a lot!
Correct! Great job!
Jess got 4 out of 5 right on this first part! Nice job!
Guess the book based off of the words:
1. Divided – Lightning – Brothers
Jess says: The lightning portion makes me think of Percy Jackson, but it also makes me think of Red Queen… I think I’ll go with Red Queen for this one!
Correct! Good thinking!
2. Competition – Ball Gowns – Royalty
Jess says: The Selection Series!
3. Princess – Spaceships – Evil Queen
Jess says: I think The Lunar Chronicles…?
Yup! You got it!
4. Light – Aliens – Marked
Jess says: I can’t rememeber the series name but I think it’s Obsidian..? Is that the first book of the Lux Series by Jennier L. Armentrout?
It is and you’re right! Even when you aren’t sure you guess right!
5. Paintings – Emotions – Secrets
Jess says: Confess!
Jess got 5 out of 5 on this second part! Great job!!
Guess the book based off of the cover piece:
1. Jess says: Ah, no clue but looks SUPER familiar!
Rebel Spring! I didn’t realize I had picked this book twice. Whoops! Haha!
2. Jess says: Girl Against the Universe
3. Jess says: Air Awakens (?)
4. Jess says: The Next Together (?)
Good try but nope! This was The Star Touched Queen.
5. Jess says: Outrun the Moon
6. Jess says: Looks like a Sarah Dessen maybe?
Close! This was Nowhere But Here.
7. Jess says: The Book Thief
Right of course.
8. Jess says: The Maze Runner
9. Jess says: Just Listen
Almost! It’s The Truth About Forever.
10. Jess says: Isla and the Happily Ever After (?)
11. Jess says: Blood of Olympus
12. Jess says: Tales of Beedle the Bard (?)
And right again!
Jess got 8 out of 12 on this round!
So all together, Jess got 17 out of 22! That’s really good considering I thought this quiz was going to be too hard!
Here’s what Jess thought after finishing the quiz:
Overall, I think I did best in the cover matching one and the worst in the quote category! I’m hoping for the best, though. This was tons of fun & I kind of want to do another one! It reminds me of #WYAKW hosted by Fiction Fare :D.Thanks so much for creating this and having me, Chelsea! I’m excited to find out my score ;).
So let’s all give a big round of applause to Jess for doing so awesome on this quiz and let me know how many questions you all got right! Don’t forgot to go visit Jess on her blog and social media accounts!!