For the Lunar Chronicles Read Along, we’re supposed to review the books at the end of the month. Now the first two books I had reviewed a long time ago so I didn’t mind writing a new review for them. This third book thought I didn’t review that long ago which is why instead of reviewing I’ll be telling you why you should read this series. I got this idea from Book Addict’s Guide who just so happens to be the host for this read along. I’m glad she thought of it because I really didn’t want to read the same review over again.
Why you should read it:
- Each book is a fairy tale retelling. Now that might not sound interesting but picture these fairy tales written in the future where technology is much better and there’s people living on the moon. Cool right?
- Ok so I lied. They aren’t just any people living on the moon. Their called lunars and they have really sweet minds powers. Except when used for evil. Then it just gets out of hand.
- Another “species” added into this series: cyborgs. Some of them get up to 30% machine! They might not think it’s cool but I do.
- Parts of this series takes place in space! Like literally just floating around in space.
- The other parts of the books take place on earth only society is quite different from what it is now.
- The characters are all intense! They’ve all been put in these really tough positions and I think their doing a pretty good job at figuring everything out.
- Warning! Be prepared to fall in love with an android. That’s right. A character who isn’t even close to human will become your new best friend. You’re welcome.
I didn’t want to bore you all with the 100 reasons why you should read this series. Because I’m in love with it. And the list would go on forever. SO I kept it fairly short. Enjoy!