I’m pumped for this post! My a to z challenge went realllllly well. I’m so happy I finished it! I noticed that some things I did really worked, and others things not so much. I also noticed some fun things on other blogs that I’d like to keep in mind for next year. Here’s what I came up with:
Things I’ll Keep Doing
- Pick a theme. This makes things much easier but it does take some time in advance to organize everything. Either way, I’m keeping it.
- I kept my post short with lots of pictures. I found I had more visitors and comments that way.
- Pre-scheduling posts saves my life every time I do this challenge. If you aren’t doing then you aren’t doing it right! Give it a try!
Things I’d Like to Try
- Be more social with other bloggers. To be fair I had tons of other stuff going on but I really would like to interact with everyone just a little bit more.
- I saw that Alex Hurst came up with fun headers for all his posts. It made his posts prettier to look at.
- I need to add some sort of fun thing at the end to get people to interact with me more. Some blogs had questions and fun little things that made it that much more fun.
- Being more adventurous with the blogs I follow. I tend to stick to books blogs but this year I found some other really cool ones. I need to scout out ahead of time.
- Pick a more exciting theme. I liked my theme this year but I feel like I could do so much more!
- Follow up on comments! I did this a little this year but I can always do better.
Things Nobody Should Do
- Write huge posts. Nobody has time to read a whole novel. We have other blogs we want to check out too. Keep them short and sweet people!
- Forget about your theme. If you picked a theme stick with it!
- It was much easier visiting other WordPress blogs. It’s easier to keep track of them when they come up in my reader. I did visit other blogs but I only really stuck with my favourites.
- Alex Hurst – One of my favourite blogs to follow this year. She posted his own photography around Japan. It was really cool. Also my top commenter!
- Book Reviews by Lanise Brown – Her theme was libraries around the world. I had a great time looking at them all.
- Rosie Amber – She was my 2nd top commenter for the month and also has a book blog that I followed.
I can’t wait to do this again next year! Are there any other challenges to participate in until then?