I’ve decided to participate in the Around the World book challenge. The idea is to read books from as many different places as you can. I’ve started a map to track my progree that you can see below.
These are the mini-challenges that I’m trying my best to accomplish:
- Read one book for each continent
- Read one book for each state in the US
- Read one book for each ocean (the character travels across the ocean, no matter how)
- The mountaineering challenge: climb the Seven Summits
- Three Poles Challenge: visit North Pole, South Pole and Mount Everest
- Visit a certain number of extreme points of Earth
- Read a certain number of books set in capital cities
- Read a certain number of books set in at least 5 different places (e.g. road trip books)
- Read a certain number of books that are set in two places from different continents
- Read a certain number of books within a 100km/1.5 Mile radius of where you live
- Visit a certain number of the most famous landmarks in the world
- A to Z challenge: Find a place for each letter in the alphabet
- Visit a certain number of countries.
- Read books from authors from a certain number of different countries.
- Read a certain number of books set in places you’ve visited yourself.
If you want to sign up, this challenge is hosted by It’s All About Books. Happy reading!