I’ve been really sucking at posting this week. I’m sorry for that, but summer! Anyways, as always this meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish every week. Go check them out!
This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike on my Book Covers
So you may or may not know that I’m a graphic designer/artist. I know it doesn’t show sometimes but I can get lazy. I’m really picky though when it comes to covers. I’m a big fan of minimalist designs so that tends to be what I love in a cover. Here’s a list and some examples!
What I Dislike
- Movie tie ins. Some of them can be pretty but I hate it when it says it’s a movie right there in front of your face.
- Covers with just faces on them. How boring?
- When the people on the cover don’t match the description in the book. That drives me insane.
- The typical perfect couple. Boring.
- The pretty but random dress. If it’s part of the book go for it. If it’s not then why is it there?
What I Like
- Simple designs. I love simple. It’s classic and nice.
- Typography. It’s just generally awesome. Also the main font should be nice.
- Bold colours. I’m tired of the dark black books or the pretty light blue ones. I want something dramatic.
- Artistic covers. I like it when the cover is hand drawn without the typical pictures of models on them.
- Matching series. It drives me insane when the series doesn’t match.
That’s it for this week! I think I’d like to do a bigger post about covers in the future. Maybe just my favourites? We’ll see!