Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. Keep up the good work! Also a special happy Mother’s Day to my mother (who doesn’t read this blog, or anything else for that matter) but I love you anyways.
In the spirit of Mother’s Day, I thought I’d share with you some of my favourite mothers and mother figures from my favourite books and tv series.
Best Book and TV Mothers
- Sally Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. She’s pretty cool with all the crazy stuff that happens. I like that she lets her son do things instead of being like all the other mothers that won’t let their kids do anything. Plus she fell in love with Poseidon, how cool?
- Susannah “Beck” Fisher from The Summer Series. She’s not Belly’s mother but she’s a mother figure to her. She’s just really down to earth and very fun. I really enjoyed reading about her.
- Molly Weasley from Harry Potter. Who doesn’t love her right? She’s very protective of her children and she goes through A LOT and is still completely sane. She’s very inspiring.
- Natalie Prior from Divergent. She’s Tris and Caleb’s mother. She’s very wise I think. She’s trying to save her daughter but she wants her to do things on her own too. She’s just really awesome!
- Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. Probably my favourite TV show ever. She’s so amazing. I’m actually watching it as I write! She’s so down to earth and fun and cool and just everything! I could go on and on about her.
- Snow White from Once Upon a Time. She tries so hard to be a good mother. I think it’s cute. Plus she’s just so sweet!
Who are your favourite mothers? Besides your own of course! Let me know below! Who did I forget?