I was nominated by Brilliantly Novel for the Liebster Award. So thank you for thinking of me and everyone should go check out that blog. This award is passed from blogger to blogger to show support and encouragement. The catch is that the blogs nominated have to have under 1,000 followers, so it’s kind of an award for newer, up and coming blogs. There’s a set of rules for accepting this award.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Display the award somewhere on your blog.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger that nominated you.
5. Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
6. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. (You may nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.)
7. Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
Eleven Facts About Me
- My favourite colour is orange. And also pink.
- I’m a huge girly girl. It’s a little upsetting actually.
- I’m a freelance graphic designer and I’m also currently studying programming.
- I love art! Painting, drawing, photography, etc. Everything.
- I’ve been sucked in by Pinterest. I’m obsessed.
- I love the movie Frozen. That might make me childish but I don’t care.
- I asked a friend of mine for a fact about me and she said to say that I have hair like Rapunzel. It just happens to be pretty long and goldish.
- I’m crazy organized. I can’t have things messy. I have everything at my place in boxes and things and I have a planer where I write down everything.
- I’m a musician. I play guitar, piano and saxophone. I’ve also played around with drums, bass, mandolin and fiddle.
- I’m 20 years old! That one was lame but I couldn’t think of anything else.
- Shoot I have to think of one more. My boyfriend is a chef so I’m crazy spoiled when it comes to food. Haha!
Eleven Questions from Brilliantly Novel
1. If you could take a vacation in any fictional world, where would you go?
I’d want to go everywhere, obviously, but I’m going to choose Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I’d love to go meet all the characters and just be around all that cool magic. I’d probably die from being so excited though.
2. What is one book that you’ve always wanted to read, but haven’t?
Emma by Jane Austen. I own it and I’ve tried reading it quite a few times but I never have time to finish it. I will eventually though!
3. What two characters make up your favourite fictional couple? What book are they from?
Cinder and Prince Kai from Cinder. Love them.
4. More and more authors are posting playlists of songs that they listen to while writing a book. Are there any songs that remind you of a book that you’ve read?
I feel like the music I listen to has nothing to do with the books I read. They’re like complete opposites. So none for me.
5. People are always asking about who your favourite heroes/heroines are, but who is your favourite villain/bad guy?
I love reading dystopian books and in those usually society is the bad guy. That’s a huge villain! I’m also loving the Lannisters from A Game of Thrones because they are just so evil.
6. If you could ask one author any question you wanted, who would you pick and what would your question be?
I’d ask Laini Taylor what inspired her to write Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It’s so different and crazy awesome! What went through her head?!
7. What is your most anticipated book of 2014?
Night Broken by Patricia Brigss, which comes out this week! Also Visions by Kelley Armstrong.
8. In the event of a disaster, if you could only save 3 books, which ones would you save?
Werewolves and Spellcasters by Kelley Armstrong. And then I’d just grab a random one because I couldn’t choose.
9. What is one book that you read before you blogged that you would like to reread and review?
The whole Women of the Otherworld series. I started reviewing them but I never got around to finishing them. I think I’m going to reread them just so I can post reviews.
10. If you could pick the perfect cast, what book would you like to see turned into a movie and/or TV show?
Wow, that’s a hard question. I think I’d like to see Omens by Kelley Armstrong as movie. Or not because I don’t want it to suck. I have no idea who I’d pick as a cast though.
11. Would you rather have to survive a zombie apocalypse or be a tribute in the Hunger Games? Why?
Zombie Apocalypse because I think zombies would be easier to kill. And more than one person can survive so I could have allies.
Eleven Questions for my Nominees
1. What are you currently reading?
2. If you’ve read Divergent, what faction do you think you’d be in? Or in Harry Potter, what house? Or in Percy Jackson, what God or Goddess would be your parent? Or anything else like this.
3. What’s a book that you hated the ending to and why?
4. If you could redo any movie based from a book, what would it be and why?
5. How many books do you own? (approx.)
6. What book have you read the most?
7. First book that pops into your head!
8. Would you rather have to survive a zombie apocalypse or be a tribute in the Hunger Games? Why?
9. Would you rather be stuck in Divergent or The Hunger Games. Why?
10. What book are you most excited for this year?
11. Who is your favourite villain? Why?