So I found this little challenge from Quinn’s Book Nook, so shout out to her. I thought it would be a fun end of the year challenge. Here we go!
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Fantasy – Omens by Kelley Armstrong
Paranormal Romance – Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
Young Adult Fantasy – Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Absolutely love all of these books.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Tiger’s Voyage by Collen Houck
Not as good as the others.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
I just love this series.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Study series by Maria V. Snyder
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Maria V. Snyder, Marissa Meyer, Patrick Ness
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Not something I’d typically read but I’m really glad I did.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
The whole Mercy Thompson series. I need a refresher for the next book.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
The Kill Order by James Dashner
It’s not exactly beautiful but it’s just so well written.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Percy Jackson series.
Way late on that one.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
“There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn’t.
Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.
That is the sort of bravery I must have now.”
From Allegiant by Veronica Roth
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest – Mercy Thompson: Homecoming Graphic Novel by Patricia Briggs (112)
Longest – House of Leaves by Marcus Danielewski (709)
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Mercy and Adam in the Mercy Thompson series. I just love both of them.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You Read Previously
13 by Kelley Armstrong. Best finale to a series.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2013
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
The Broke and the Bookish. I love their meme Top Ten Tuesdays
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
I don’t really have a favourite review. Probably the latest one because my writing used to suck a lot more.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I love reading anybody’s reviews about books I’ve already read. I like to compare what I think to what they think.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Top Ten Tuesdays are my favourite.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2013?
Starting this blog.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My Poison Study review has the most views so far.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of them haha.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Pretty much just all the book series I discovered.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I had a goal set of 115 books and so far I’m at 123 books. That’s probably where I’ll stay.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014?
The new Mercy Thompson book and the next in the Lunar Chronicles.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
Get twice as many followers or views!
I want to encourage everyone to do this little challenge. It’s fun seeing how far you’ve come with your reading this year. I want to wish everyone a happy holiday and here’s hoping to an awesome new year!