Top Ten Tuesdays are brought to you by: The Broke and The Bookish every week! So thanks to them!
This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Best Sequels Ever
This is going to be a fun one I think. For me, a good sequel is a book that doesn’t take over the first book but it makes it better. Also, it shouldn’t ruin the story. That makes it suck. SO here we go! No particular order here.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling (of course this had to be on here)
- Insurgent – Veronica Roth (I was really impressed with this sequel)
- The Crown of Embers – Rae Carson (I thought it was going to be really hard to impress me with this one but the author did it!)
- Scarlet – Marissa Meyer (This one is really cool. It doesn’t really have the same characters as the first one but it makes a really good story.)
- Blood Bound – Patricia Briggs (This series keeps getting better as the books move one.)
- Shadow of Night – Deborah Harkness (The first one had a little too much history and was kinda boring but this book brought it up to a whole new level. Really impressed.)
- The Son of Neptune – Rick Riorden (I’m really enjoying this series and I was happily surprised after reading this sequel.)
- Visions of Heat – Nalini Signh (I loved this one. I didn’t think it was going to be up to the standard of the first but it almost surpassed it.)
- Made to be Broken – Kelley Armstrong ( Just anything written by her.)
- The Ask and the Answer – Patrick Ness ( This was a really strong book and an even better sequel.)
So that’s it folks! What did you guys think? What were your choices? Comment a link so I can read yours!